Aquatics Center Info
Aquatics Hours (Pool, Steam Rooms and Saunas in Locker Rooms)
Monday-Friday 5:30am - 9:00pm
Saturday-Sunday 7:00am - 6:30pm
Summer Hours (Memorial Day to Labor Day)
Monday-Friday 5:30am - 9:00pm
Saturday 7:00am - 5:30pm
Sunday 8:00am - 5:30pm
General Pool Rules
- NEVER SWIM ALONE – Use of the pools is only permitted when a lifeguard is on duty and present in the pool area.
- The minimum age for pool use is 14 except for CMC Physical Therapy patients. Children ages 8-14 may work one on one with a trainer.
- In an emergency, help can be obtained by informing pool personnel and by using one of the red telephones located in the pool area which connect directly with the front desk where emergency services will be contacted.
- NO DIVING ALLOWED IN ANY OF THE POOLS!!! Please use the stairs, ladder, or a feet-first or seated entry into the pools.
- Take a cleansing shower before entering the pools.
- STAY OUT of the pools if you have a cold, any sickness, sore or inflamed eyes, or open wounds.
- Horseplay, running, and other unsafe behaviors WILL NOT be permitted in the pools, on the deck, locker rooms, or shower rooms.
- Keep food, gum, glass, soap, sharp objects or anything else which may affect the safety of yourself or other swimmers OUT OF THE POOL AREA.
- Whenever possible, please leave street shoes in the locker rooms.
- Fitness equipment is available for your use – ask the lifeguard on duty.
- Lap swimming is PROHIBITED in the Warm Water Therapy Pool.
- Lap swimmers must share lanes when necessary; circle swimming is encouraged and is required when three or more people are using one lane. During Lap Pool class times, at least 1 lane will remain open to swimmers.
- During CMC Physical Therapy class times, members will still have access to the deep end of the Warm Pool, the Lap Pool and Whirlpool Spa. During Water Aerobics and Aqualates Classes, the warm pool may be CLOSED at the discretion of the instructor. Please be courteous while using warm pool during PT and class times.
- Please refrain from using Spa while under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, vasodilators, stimulants, hypnotics, narcotics, or tranquilizers or if you suffer from heart disease, diabetes, or high or low blood pressure.
- Observe a reasonable time limit of 15 minutes or less when using spa. Long exposure may result in nausea, dizziness, or fainting. If you wish to return, shower, cool down, and then return for another brief stay in the spa.
Individual Pool Rules and Etiquette
Lap Pool Rules and Etiquette
The Lap Pool is always available for lap-swimming. Please adhere to the following rules when using the lap pool:
- Swimmers must book Lane 1 in advance through the Empower ME section of the website, or by calling the main location downtown. Lanes 2-4 are first come, first serve.
- When entering an occupied lane, make sure the other swimmer(s) knows you’re there and you discuss how to share the lane before starting your laps.
- Walking laps are permitted; slow swimmers and walkers should use the right lane.
- There is no time limit for lap swimming in lanes 2-4.
Therapy Pool Rules and Etiquette
The Therapy Pool is open for water exercise during all CMC Physical Therapy times and during most Aquatic class times. Please observe the following rules when using the Therapy Pool:
- Be courteous when entering the pool during class and CMC PT times. Always enter using the stairs, lift or ladder – never jump into a class or PT session! Briefly check with the instructor to make sure it is ok to use the pool during class, making sure whatever exercise you’re doing does not interfere with the class.
- Lap swimming is prohibited.
- Return any exercise equipment used to the appropriate storage area.
- Horseplay, foul language, and intimate contact are not allowed.
- Refrain from using scented oils, body lotion or strong perfume in the pool.
Whirlpool Spa Rules and Etiquette
- DO NOT USE ALONE – Use of the Spa is only permitted when a lifeguard is on duty and present in the pool area.
- Elderly persons and those suffering from heart disease, diabetes, or high or low blood pressure and women who are pregnant are cautioned NOT to use the spa.
- Use by children under 14 is PROHIBITED.
- DO NOT use while under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, vasodilators, stimulants, hypnotics, narcotics, or tranquilizers.
- Observe a reasonable time limit of 15 minutes. Long exposure may result in nausea, dizziness, or fainting. If you wish to return, shower, cool down, and then return for another brief stay in the spa.
- Refrain from using ANY lotions, soaps, oils and perfumes in the spa.
- In an emergency, help can be obtained by informing pool personnel and by using one of the telephones located in the pool area which connect directly with the front desk where emergency services will be contacted.
- The maximum number of persons in the whirlpool spa is 8.
- NO DIVING or JUMPING ALLOWED!!! Please use the stairs or a seated entry to enter the spa.
Yes, normally. Check with the instructor before using the pool. Please respect the needs of each class and share the space appropriately.
No. The pools are only open to persons of membership age (14 and older). The only exceptions to this rule are one on one Physical Therapy sessions and one on one swim lessons (manager approval required).
No. We do not have a separate pool membership. The day pass/membership fee includes usage of pools, locker rooms, and the rest of the facility, including group fitness classes.
Yes. Each year, beginning in May, we offer ½ price day passes to the pool and swim clinics open to the public. This ends in August when Women Swimmin’ is over.
All pools are sanitized via computer controlled feed. PH and chlorine levels are set by the New York State Health Department.
Pool Technical Information
Length 25 yards
Depth 4' to 4'6"
Maximum Occupancy 8
Depth 4' to 5'