What is personal training?
Personal training provides you with the opportunity to exercise with a highly qualified fitness professional that sincerely cares about helping you reach new heights in fitness. Your Personal Trainer will customize a fitness program that corresponds to your fitness level and goals. After assessing your needs, your trainer will coach and motivate you through effective exercise sessions.
Who needs a personal trainer?
Personal training can be valuable to anyone whether you’re a beginner or an advanced athlete. Our trainers are qualified to coach you toward specific goals and have helped thousands of people in the areas of:
- Overall muscular strength and endurance
- Body fat reduction and weight loss
- Cardiovascular conditioning
- Increase energy and productivity
- Reduce stress
- Sport specific performance training
- Helps control blood pressure, diabetes and other metabolic diseases
- Core stability and strengthening
- Back pain prevention
- Post injury rehabilitation
- Pre/Post natal exercise
- Improve flexibility and agility
- Body building and physique competition
- Promote self-confidence and high self-esteem
The benefits of personal training for:
If you have concerns about high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, orthopedic limitations, etc. or are exercising while pregnant, you will be provided with a safe exercise environment. IHF’s trainers closely monitor your exertion levels, working with the recommendations from your physician, physical therapist or other health care providers.
What separates us from the rest? Our team of Personal Trainers has strong educational backgrounds and years of successful experience. Island Health & Fitness requirements include degrees in health sciences, physical education or related fields and/ or professional certifications by nationally accredited organizations.
Please check out the bios of our staff to get to know them better!